United Way of Delaware County: Careers
United Way of Delaware County brings people together from all across the community including government, business, faith groups, nonprofits, the labor movement, and committed citizens, to ask questions, brainstorm solutions and develop a common vision to solve our community’s most pressing problems. United Way of Delaware County values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Principles of Inclusion:
- Values, champions, and embraces inclusion in all aspects of UWDC activities and respect others without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, national origin or ancestry, marital status, veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or status as a qualified disabled or handicapped individual.
- Refuses to engage in or tolerate in any other form of discrimination or harassment.
Title: UWDC Navigation AssistantJob Description:
This temporary position is a member of a community navigation team focused on housing and utility assistance in Delaware County as part of a Federal grant. Services include client intake and assessment, case management, referral and linkage to community resources, data collection and reporting. Please download PDF of job posting below for full description.Job Requirements:
- Must have current knowledge of housing and rental assistance programs, or enthusiastic interest in learning.
- Hard working and self-driven.
- Political savvy, interpersonal, leadership and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accomplish tasks individually and work as a team member.
- Experience working within a small team environment - leveraging shared resources to generate greater impact, being flexible and serving as a team player.
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong detail orientation, analytical, organizational, and time management skills a must.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled. Applicants are encouraged to submit as soon as possible.